Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilt of Valor


90% Finished Quilt Top

I first heard of the Quilt of Valor organization from Fon's and Porter's TV show about a month ago. Quilts are made by regular people and are then donated to  veterans coming home from war injured.  These quilts are a small token of our appreciation for a soldiers sacrifice. I am an intermediate-ish quilter and am grateful I have some small skill to hopefully brighten the day of a Hero.  Check out Quilt of Valor

It takes a village to make a donation...
The fabric was purchased by my mother about 6 months ago.  I saved it neatly in my stash for just the right reason.  My husbands works long, hard hours so I can stay home with my 4 year-old.  My daughter Kristin graciously entertained herself for several hours over the course of 2 days so I could piece the quilt.  And that is not where this quilts journey ends....I still need to purchase more fabric for the border and sew it on.  Then the quilt will be sent away to someone else to be long-arm quilted.  The batting is also donated.  Then the quilt will make its final journey to the soldier.  Worth every step.  Thank you to all my loved ones who make this quilt and my life possible!



No comments:

Post a Comment