Monday, February 28, 2011

TACO

 The Taco principal is something I learned in college. Basically it means to surround yourself with things you love and inevitably they will all work together, like a taco.  Each person fills their taco with whatever ingredients they love...lettuce, sour cream, salsa, cheese...and gets to enjoy the meal.  I use the Taco principal to pick out fabric.  I went to the fabric store last week and instead of picking coordinating fabrics for a specific purpose, I purchased what spoke to me.  I think that picking fabrics this way makes for a more interesting end product.  There are subtle variations in the completed quilt that you just don't get if you get a pre-coordinated group of fabrics.  I think some pre-coordinated fabrics look a little too pristine.  I like the ability to slip in some odd or almost 'off' fabrics in each quilt, I think it adds depth and personality.  As you can see, I got  several fabrics that are totally different from each other, but I know that they will eventually be used to make beautiful quilts. 
New Additions to the Taco Feb. 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment