Monday, July 15, 2013

Americana Topper

In my ongoing quest to use up scraps and orphan blocks, I have completed another Table Topper.  This on is with 4 orphan blocks from my latest Quilt of Valor quilt. I was able to do some machine applique on two blocks and the other two blocks are just regular star blocks.  I put muslin on the back and did just some simple utility stitching.  I tried several times to get these 4 blocks squared up.  According to my measurements they are all the same size, but the machine quilting makes it very clear that they are not.  I just had to go with it.  I am not entering any contest here.  Sometimes, no matter how hard I try, I just can't get it right.  I have accepted that as a Truth in my Life.  If you don't look to close, I think the Topper turned out GREAT!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment