Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2 1/2 in Table Topper

Every once in a while I like to torcher myself, it seems.  The most recent was using 2 1/2 inch squares (2 inch finished size) to make a small table topper.  I made a Swoon Block, which is a total of 64 pieces, out of these tiny squares.  I love the way it turned out, but it certainly was challenging to use such small pieces.  I generally don't like to go any smaller than 3 1/5 inches (3 inch finished size).  I was able to use the last of the scraps from my 'home' projects.  I made a throw blanket or two and some throw pillows, a sewing machine cover and an ironing mat out of these same fabrics.    I did some simple top stitching but no 'quilting' and I love the way it turned out.  In fact, I wish I had used something other than muslin for the back because the stitching made such a cool pattern on the back!  I think I might have to add a rod pocket on the back and hang it over my fireplace.  I think it would be a warm addition, especially in the winter.


Back.  Cool stitching Pattern, eh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment